Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I knew

I knew it was evening because of how low the sun was on the horizon, but beyond that details were a bit foggy. Looking around, I saw that I had woken up in an empty field. It certainly wasn't one of the lush, green rolling meadows that I can still see so vividly in my mind's eye from my childhood. No, this field was brown and desolate. Sparse plantlife scattered throughout a dusty plain provided little shelter or nourishment for any creature unfortunate enough to have found themselves looking for either in this place.

Checking myself for injuries I was relieved to be relatively unharmed. The absence of my ID and watch, however, were somewhat disconcerting. Trying to retrace, step by step, the events of the past 18 hours or so prooved to be even more unsettling.

I knew that my now filthy rag of a gown was once an eye-catching cotoure creation merely hours ago. I remembered leaving Sam's album release party with a horrible migraine, yet I didn't remeber getting into my car.

1 comment:

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Very nice. Great details.